Menindee Central & Lindfield East Public
The Coalition for Cultural Affirmation and Celebration of Diversity and Connectedness (CCACDC)
This partnership links a large, urban, multicultural school (Lindfield East PS) with a small, remote, predominantly indigenous school (Menindee Central).
It involves a large number of community and government partners who communicate and collaborate with the two schools on research, program development, implementation, and ongoing evaluation of outcomes.
These partners include:
- Aboriginal Educational Community Group (AECG)
- Ward Councillors for Menindee : Ron Page, Lorraine Looney and Moya Reid
- Ward Councillor for Roseville: Mayor Jennifer Anderson
- State member for Menindee: John William MP
- State Member for Ku-ring-gai: Hon. Barry O’Farrell, Premier of NSW
- University of Western Sydney: Professor Kevin Dunn (Human Geography & Urban Studies Department)
- NSW Dept. Education & Communities, Multicultural Programs Unit: Eveline Mouglalis
- Philanthropist: Mark Cepak
- Coo-ee Galleries (Lindfield business partner): Adrian Newstead
- Board of Jewish Education: Rochelle Schonberger
- Asian Community Links: Rev. Shig Watanabe (Japanese) and Yi Qing Zeng (DEC Community Language-Mandarin)
- Schools in Partnership (SIP): Jan Fennell
- International artist and teacher: Rick Ball
Teacher and SASS exchanges, reciprocal student visits, regular VC link ups, shared professional learning, a planned university action research on ‘social inclusion’ are all highlights of a unique DEC cross-regional alliance.
– Andrew Stevenson, Principal, Lindfield East Public School.
For Harmony Week in March 2011, three connected classrooms from Lindfield East showcased their many cultures via video link-up with Menindee Central. This was the first time Menindee had celebrated Harmony Week.
In November 2011, after a 1000 km train ride, 26 indigenous students and 5 teachers left their remote, far western township to accept the hospitality of Lindfield East public school. The visit was highlighted by the ‘Menindee Art Spectacular’, an art exhibition featuring the works of Menindee students, framed by LEPS students.